Website £9.88 per hour
We have a new opportunity for people living in Harlow and the surrounding areas.
Come and be a water meter reader, using your great local knowledge and good customer service skills as you’ll be playing a critical role in ensuring the customers receive accurate and up to date bills by collecting data from water meters (either wirelessly or manually). This role will suit a self-motivated and energetic person with the ability to work to timescales and under pressure.
We are working in partnership with Morrison Data Services (M Group Services) and on behalf of the water suppliers so as a meter reader you will be an ambassador for the world of utility suppliers.
The role will require you to work 40 hours per week flexibly Monday to Friday (although some evening and weekend work may be required to acquire the reads required). You will need a good level of computer literacy as you will be using a hand-held device on which your daily work schedule will be activated and an eye for detail is paramount. A good sense of planning is imperative, knowing your local area well and to ensure that you make your day the most productive and fulfilling. A background in driving for work will be helpful and experience of working in the great outdoors would be beneficial as you will be out in all weathers.
On your first day, you will meet your Team Leader whose job will be to guide you through the induction process and give you all the equipment you will require. You will receive full training so experience in the role is not necessary although could be a benefit. Training will last 2 weeks and will be field-based with an experienced mentor who will teach you everything you need to know. A fully-expensed van will be provided for the role to enable you get from job to job.
You will need:
* Full driving license, valid for use within the UK with no more than 6 points
* 5 years’ checkable history including a clear criminal record to pass the screening and vetting standards
* Physical fitness as you can expect to be working in many different scenarios such as reading underground meters and some walking must be anticipated to get the job done
* £9.88 per hour
* Full uniform, equipment and PPE provided
* 28 days’ holiday per year
* Company vehicle provided for business usage only
* Business expenses reimbursed
* Company pension enrolment
* Possible career progression with our client on a temporary to permanent basis
COME AND BE A WATER METER READER!