Website £7963 per annum plus bonus
We have a fantastic part-time opportunity for a self-motivated individual to work in Kirkwall and the surrounding areas on Orkney to work for Morrison Data Services (M Group Services).
M Group Services is proud to be one of the UK’s largest utilities support. They pride themselves on being award-winning and recognised for their diligence, customer service and expertise. They work with their clients and partners to ensure they keep abreast of industry developments and remain at the forefront of progress.
Morrison Data Services is a part of M Group Services, a £1.7 billion turnover business, with a wide and diverse field of operations that regularly presents opportunities for growth. M Group Services have been one of the Times 100 Top Track Companies for the last three years running.
A bit about the role…
Have a passion for great customer service and spending time outdoors? We have the perfect role for you!
Come rain or shine, you’ll provide a critical role in ensuring our customers receive accurate and up to date bills by collecting data from gas/electric/water meters. You will update meter reads accurately throughout the day on your handheld device.
There will be an occasional need to walk longer distances as not all of our customers live in built up areas but you’ll get great exercise!
What does an average day look like?
You will receive full training so experience in the role is not necessary although could be a benefit. Training will last 1 week and will be both classroom-based and field-based with an experienced meter reader so you get to see the job through someone else’s eyes.
Your work will be allocated to you via your hand held device and you’ll plan your days based on the location the work is in.
You will be part of a team however, a lot of the time you will be working independently and will be motivated to work quickly and efficiently.
We cannot predict the weather but you will be provided with the kit for all elements to ensure the work can be completed.
What we need from you
* Self-motivation and energy
* Ideally from a background where you are used to driving & managing appointments
* Enjoy working outdoors
* Full driving license, valid for use within the UK with no more than 6 points
* Access to your own car which will need business insurance
* 5 years’ checkable history including a clear criminal record to pass the screening and vetting standards
* Ability to work to timescales and under pressure
* Flexible approach to tasks and working
* Friendly personality with a professional approach to work
What we are offering…
* £7963 per annum for a 15-hour week worked flexibly Monday to Saturday
* Some evening and weekend work may be required to meet the necessary amount of reads
* 20 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays (pro-rata)
* Access to “My Rewards” which provides amazing reductions on 1000’s of purchases including Mobile Phone, Utility bill & top retail brand discounts. Here’s a few so you can see the type of saving’s you can make:
o Up to 7% discounts on major supermarkets
o Up to 52% on Cinema tickets
o Up to 33% on holidays and travel
o Up to 10% on restaurants and takeaways
o Up to 25% off gym membership
* Eye care vouchers
* Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
* Recommend a Friend and Earn scheme
* Reward & Recognition Scheme
* Opportunities to progress in a successful company
Don’t delay, apply today by either visiting our website or calling the recruitment team on 01293 771340